Visage Technologies AB has developed state-of-the-art fully automatic 3D face tracking technology and is currently the only company in the world to offer such technology on mobile devices including iOS and Android devices. This presents a unique opportunity for developing innovative Apps based on such technology. One example is this virtual Eyewear Try-on App developed by Visage Technologies AB.
We are now proposing a unique challenge to motivated, talented and creative students to create new Apps based on this technology and publish them.
The goal of this challenge is to create an App for iOS (preferably targeting iPad 2) and/or Android mobile devices using our face tracking technology.
You can propose your own idea or pick one of ours from the list below. If we approve your idea, you will be given access to our face tracking SDK and you can start developing the App.
Once you implement the App and if it looks good we will put it on App Store and/or Android Market (depending on the platform) and you will get a share of net profits (30% for implementing our idea, 50% if idea is yours).
One thing to keep in mind is that you will need to interface face tracking with existing 3D engine (like Unity) or write your own simple engine (2D or 3D) that will make use of tracking data. The students will receive Windows-based SDK for initial development, followed by mobile SDK(s) within next few weeks.
The list of existing ideas:
- Try balancing a stack of (virtual) books on your head
- Bounce the ball with your head (or stop them, as a goal keeper)
- See yourself with funny hats, hairstyles etc.
- Avoid falling objects hitting you
- “Pacman” - eat approaching candies; or play an animal (e.g. T-Rex) eating others; Some objects are inedible and must avoid them!
- “The Queens mirror”. This app replaces your face with that of a famous person, thus showing who you “really are”, including both nice and less nice characters… (Different faces will appear depending on unknown factors.)
- “Your emotions”. An app that exaggerates your emotions. If can also reverse them.
- “Write with your face”. This app picks up mimical motions and translates them to typed characters. See, if you can learn to master this “keyboard”! Shaking your head will erase the last character.
- “Facial-controlled car game”.
- “Turn into Santa Claus”. This app adds Santa Claus hat and beard to your face. Hat and beard move as you move your head and mouth respectively. If mouth is moved rapidly, famous “Ho Ho Ho” is played. Also, holiday songs play in the background.